Can skirmishers pass thru artillery after it has prep fire

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Viking709
Sous-lieutenant

Can skirmishers pass thru artillery after it has prep fire

Message par Viking709 » dim. 10 mai 2020 04:42

Had a situation today where a skirmishers unit was forced to move behind artillery by an enemy formed unit advancing
In the next turn the artillery prep fired canister at the advancing enemy. So can the skirmishers now advance thru the artillery and fire in the fire phase?
Page 37 right column next to last bullet indicates you can so we played it that way

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: Can skirmishers pass thru artillery after it has prep fire

Message par RogerGreenwood » dim. 10 mai 2020 16:16

Next turn would seem to be OK as you suggest.
If the enemy had forced them back during an enemy division activation during the same turn, I think not. The skirmishers would be moving for a second time in the same turn and receive an action marker thus preventing them initiating fire.

Hazelbark
Adjudant

Re: Can skirmishers pass thru artillery after it has prep fire

Message par Hazelbark » lun. 11 mai 2020 21:20

The last bullet on passage of line says the prohibition on passing through and not firing does not apply to skirmishers.

p 66 last bullet movement .
If the skirmisher is pushed 2 UD or less it "may" fire, If pushed over 2 UD it may not fire and takes an action marker.
I do not see anything that counts this being pushed as "movement" so the skirmisher could move.

Then added "In both cases they received an action marker". This is not in the French version as this wording got cleared up. So I think that final sentence indicated if the skirmisher opportunity fires, then that is an action marker too.

So either way I don't see the skirmisher firing after moving, but I do think it can move. I supposed there is a circumstance where the skirmishers cannot fire, then under 2 UD they could still fire.

Répondre