The Reserve Order

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
ColinWh
Soldat

The Reserve Order

Message par ColinWh » lun. 21 déc. 2020 10:11

Hello everyone

While I think these are good rules, there are some things that are still unclear in them

For example Reserve is an order that can be given to a division. It also explains at length that in non-historical games that the reserve is off-table. Although to be candid I cannot see why an on-table division could not be given a Reserve Order at the start.

The question I have is during the game could you give a division a reserve order. In other words once the game starts for example the commander decides that the terrain and enemy require that he takes a division out of the line and place it in reserve - clearly not on game turn 1 as the orders for that turn cannot be changed.

Opinions?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: The Reserve Order

Message par RogerGreenwood » lun. 21 déc. 2020 14:31

It is clear from page 32 that units with a reserve order can neither move nor shoot ("remain static"). The only benefit over a 'hold' order is that they can get a new order without doing a test.
To get troops out of the line, it would appear you need retreat orders. You could follow this with 'reserve' once they are in the place you want them.

fdunadan
Capitaine

Message par fdunadan » lun. 21 déc. 2020 16:29

Reserve is an order that can be given to on board divisions. In the French version, it is said "generally given to off table division" which mean you can give it to on table division. Another line "if an enemy approach at 4 UD of the division with Reserve order, it is immediately converted in Hold order, without test or CP"

So, yes you can give a Reserve order on table.
Give you some reaction since it can be converted to any order without CP expense or test.

ColinWh
Soldat

Message par ColinWh » sam. 23 janv. 2021 17:15

Many thanks for the answers all!

Répondre