New issue of Bataille Empire

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Arborian
Soldat

New issue of Bataille Empire

Message par Arborian » jeu. 8 juin 2023 20:50

Is the new issue of Bataille Empire just a second edition, i.e. including changes already reported on this web site and including corrections to typo's in the first edition, or is it Version 2 of the rules with changes to individual rules and groups of rules beyond those already reported on this web site?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: New issue of Bataille Empire

Message par RogerGreenwood » ven. 9 juin 2023 21:21

Some of the material has been trialed in tournaments and available for those events. It is not just a consolidation of the existing rules. There are many significant changes. Artillery is less effective at short and effective range. Points values have changed and there are many other changes to factors and movements.
I do not know all the details, but have been involved in many discussions and seen some versions of the English translations. North Star have said my copy is in the post!

Arborian
Soldat

Message par Arborian » sam. 10 juin 2023 15:27

Thank you Roger, I'll place my order immediately.

TomMcC
Soldat

Message par TomMcC » lun. 12 juin 2023 11:40

I've just placed my order with North Star.

However, I'm looking at the cover and thinking, there is something odd. Then I realised...

The cover is a mirror image of the Meissonier painting of Friedland. Is this mirror image deliberate or a mistake? If it's a mistake, I hope it's not an indication of other errors inside.

regards,
Tom

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » lun. 12 juin 2023 17:25

Not spotted any errors yet. Everything looks good.

Répondre